View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 11:06 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 330i ZHP M/T
so i had some free time yesterday, passed by an exhaust guy to check how am i gonna custom fit the 3'' single pipe.
to start it off, he told me not to use the 3'' pipe but around 2'' 3/4 (the smaller pipe size next to the 3''), the 3'' pipe would be too big.
second, he advised to change the last muffler and put instead a sport muffler that has 1 pipe in, as the current one has 2 pipes in, which would be restrictive again and would make all the work meaningless, as i'm freeing the flow from the headers till the last muffler, and then restricting it again at the end.
my questions are:
- logically speaking, i suppose he has a point. but in real life, what would u recommend?
- i know that with each muffler delete, the sound grows louder. it currently has 3, how many would be enough to make it sound "deep" yet not annoyingly loud?
- is the last muffler what makes the ZHP sound the way she does? right now i would hate to lose it since i believe that it's reason for that...

off topic, regarding the G-Power, i googled it and all i see is a German Kit that costs a sh!t load of $$, what am i missing?

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Give a man a Chef and he feeds him for a lifetime