View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 07:46 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 Active Hybrid 7
Btw, I do not know anything about the Diehard Platinum Battery charger you are using. I have a factory BMW Battery charger. I've used it for the last 4-5 BMWs. It works great, and is so small and easy to use! It's funny, the Rolls Royce (like the Bentley) have their own styled battery charger. The Bentley comes included, and is AWESOME. There is a totally hidden magnetic "plug" under the lip, where the rear license plate light is. You do not need to open the hood, the trunk, have the car unlocked, locked, etc, etc. You just snap the magnetic plug under the rear of the car (outside) and plug the charger in the socket. So easy. Ingenious!!

The Rolls Royce is in the trunk, under the thick and heavy wool carpet and under a big cap you need to unscrew. It is not included with the car, and it is about $775.00!!! I asked my dealer if I could just use the BMW charger under the hood, and at first they told me No. I looked under the RR hood, and there is the EXACT same red + battery terminal, and the same bolt (black -) as the 7 Series. I mean the SAME! I told them I have been using the BMW charger, and it works beautifully. They told me they checked with Rolls Royce, and YES, the BMW charger is 100% fine, and even factory approved. They just wanted another like $800 bucks. Crazy! :-o