View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 06:47 AM

Mein Auto: 2001 540i
Windshield Wiper Stuck

I have been looking since yesterday in hopes someone else could point me in the right direction, but decided to post since I can't find one that matches. So, here goes my first thread.

Yesterday, while I was driving in mild rain, the driver's side wiper all of a sudden got stick at about the 2 o'clock position. At the same time, the passengers's side wiper did not move. It was like they became disjointed and no longer operated synchronously. Since I was in the rain, I stopped as soon as I could and hoped a restart would reset the wipers. No such luck. I had no choice but to drive with the wiper in the middle of my windshield.

When I had more time, I was able to push it down so I could at least see the road. However, I don't know what else to do at this point. Is it the wiper motor? Some fuse? I have read about a drain plug causing some wiper issues, but don't know where to look.

This is my first self repair of my 540, so I hope it's not too bad. I don't want to have the mechanic look at it as I am convinced I can do it myself. But, I need some help and appreciate any ideas you can throw my way.
Ads by Google