View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 07:00 AM

Mein Auto: 2008 528i
I am now joining this thread encountering the same problems. 08 528i no warranty left and three weeks ago one of the small bulbs burnt out and i received a quick message through iDrive. Went to the dealer paid $24 bucks and had it replaced.

The service guy warned me about this inherent problem with my model and said that if the bulb burns out again I would need to have the wire assembly replaced. Aprox $200 bucks.

Three weeks later that bulb is burnt out again, so I wanted to ask the question. If I were to replace the burnt out bulb and the matching one on the right side with LED bulbs that consume less power. Do you think that might avoid a further problem and save me from having to get the rewiring done?

As an FYI...
I wrote into BMW Canada complaining about this issue. This is clearly a defect and if it can affect the rear light cluster and potentially the brake lights it should be a recall. I don't have warranty left. No problems on my part paying for maintenance related issues...but this type of defect shouldn't happen on a car of this calibre. See how and if they respond.

Cheers
525i - sold
Jaguar X-Type - Sold
528i - Sold
535i M-Package Current