View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 08:01 AM
Serious About Shine

Send a message via Yahoo to bighungry618
Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by douggie View Post
I think the hardware is fine. If it isn't, no amount of sport mode can help. The normal mode programming just sucks, and that is the root cause for all of us that is having these lags.

I just hope BMW realizes that the issue is still not resolved and will release software updates for our 2011 builds. Seems they have solved the issues in the 2013 models (from previous posts in this thread).
I agree, to a certain extent.

Update: Just picked up my car from service yesterday and it drives much better it terms of lag and acceleration smoothness and I’m quite happy with how it turned out.

Here are the issues that bother me though, As said before, from the time I got the car until now, I thought the acceleration and shifting characteristics were normal. It turns out during service that the Mass Airflow Sensor had permanently failed. It has been replaced and while there picking up the car I was told by my SA that the car was “reprogrammed” as well. But I could find no reference to reprogramming on the service invoice.

Either way; the acceleration lag is gone, the car drives like the loaner did, and I’m left with even more questions. Since I got the car (5 miles on it), it has always driven the same, in other words I can’t remember a time before this service visit where I noticed a change in its drivability.

Is it possible that the sensor was bad from the very beginning… in a brand new car?
Is it possible that the car was actually reprogrammed during service? (it did take a few days to get it back)
Is it possible that the Airflow sensor was indeed responsible for the lag?
Is it possible that this is my imagination?

I have attached the service invoice so that all may see exactly what (they told me) was done.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf BMW Service Invoice.pdf (1.74 MB, 189 views)

"IRENE" = 2011 535i M-Sport, Jet Black/Black Dakota, Premium, Cold
Mods:
JB4 Stage 2, Black Grille Surrounds, Black Fender Signal Trim, Body color front / rear reflectors and rear diffuser, DeBadged, 20% LLumar ATR premium tint.
To keep your car looking its very best:
Detailed Image Auto Detailing Supplies