View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 09:32 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 X3 35i
Approaching 78, I am one of the elderly and resent the deprecation. After almost 20 years in BMWs, the 35i is my compromise solution to dealing with an M5 clutch pedal in NYC traffic and need for clearance height to deal with NYC road obstacles while still having fun driving.

Further, I have been reading CR for more than 40 years because I am interested in correlation of their test results with R&T, C&D, and MT, not their scores or conclusions. Their reliability metrics come solely from their annual questionnaire to subscribers. If many (10?, 50?) respondents report lurching or hesitation as an engine or transmission problem, or low oil or coolant levels or erroneous chassis stabilization messages that resulted in trips to dealers that could have a substantial adverse effect on the CR reliability result even though these things are meaningless in evaluating model reliabillity. Yes, there are some bad things that have happened to a few F25s, but speaking for the three 35is that I am responsible for, in the year since their delivery and >20K total miles driven, there has been one chassis stabilization message. I have been and am very favorably impressed with 35i reliability in contrast to their predecessor and other models and expect that level to continue.

Last edited by leighton; 11-14-2012 at 09:50 AM.