Thread: BUY 2007 530xi
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 09:31 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2007 530xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by kupid View Post
Great infor thank you so much for the usefull info. Well the owner of the car is doing a full service before handing it over my concern was not having alot of maintenance after the car is handed over.
No problem Kupid. If the car was/is well maintained then you should have no problem getting 200k plus miles out of it. You have to do your homework though as $17,000.00 is a lot of money and as it's had multiple owners.

Other than that, we're still loving our '07 530xi. I have piece of mind with the wife/children due to all the car's safety features and great handling characteristics. Maintenance hasn't been much different than the Toyota's or Ford's I've owned. The only thing I've had to do that wasn't anticipated, was recently re-tap the oil pan threads. A mechanic apparently damaged the threads at some point and I finally wasn't able to torgue to specs on my last oil change. I never felt the threads were right and that was confirmed. Anyhow, I installed a HeliCoil and now all is good again...

Ralph

Last edited by Ralph III; 11-14-2012 at 09:33 AM.