View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 10:18 AM

Mein Auto: 2000 528iT
Thanks for the feedback

So, I pulled out my Sept 2006 issue of Roundel and re-read the raves about the twin turbo and the quick ZF auto. They loved it.

My inclination toward the normally aspirated engine is prompted by what I perceive as superior reliability. I don't want to get bled to death by the dealer's service dept. The downsides? - it's not as quick as the 335, and the ZF trasnmission is more responsive. No, it's not a DCT, but I don't want to spend the $ for an 335is with DCT and I don't want a rough ride.

Part of me says if I'm going to give up the utility of a Touring, I may as well go big or stay home, and buy a 335, but the other (rational) part says, "hey, you want relatively trouble-free - the 328i is fine."

On a related note - aside from the ease of a built-in Nav (love it on my Porsche), does the idrive on the E92 offer other pluses, or is it regarded as a PITA, aside from the convenience of not messing around with a portable Nav (cord, hiding the unit when not in use etc. )

Last, I think I'd prefer the cream interior over the black, which I find a bit, well, dark, but cream is scarce as hen's teeth. That aside, does one wear better than the other?

TIA.