View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 11:30 AM
'Fest Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to DZeckhausen
Mein Auto: 2012 BMW F30 328i 8-Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by namelessman View Post
DaveZ, did u get a good trade for your E39? F30 is a perfect upgrade to E39. The F10 is too bloated for E39 owners IMO, and without active steering and dynamic handling package, F10 feels more like a E38 than a E39.
Well, that depends. I had many modifications to the 540i, which added very little value to the trade-in. I could have gone private sale, but it's like trying to sell a house with a pool. You have to find just the right buyer, and I could have easily spent 6 months and had to deal with many tire kickers. Plus, New Jersey has a tax advantage to trading in, since you only pay sales tax on the difference.

First car I ever traded in, but was glad I did. The process was painless. Funny thing is, the sales manager at BMW of Bloomfield now owns it! I'm thrilled it's found a good home.

You're absolutely right about the transition from E39 to F30 being perfect. This car is just the right size for me. Despite going from a 6-speed V8 to an 8-speed 4-cylinder, I don't feel like I'm driving an anemic car. And the gas mileage was a life-saver during the last couple weeks, following Hurricane Sandy.

------
2012 BMW F30 328i Luxury Line 8-Speed
StopTech 4-wheel big brake upgrade

2001 BMW E39 540i 6-Speed (Traded-in for F30)
StopTech 4-wheel big brake upgrade
M5 Limited Slip Differential, Front Swaybar
Dinan Stage 3 Suspension, Strut Tower Brace
Rogue Short Shifter, Transmission Mounts
European Dash Conversion
CDV deleted