View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 12:14 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: e90 m3
Quote:
Originally Posted by satakal View Post
I understand your question. The N20's power is < 295hp. That's why the classing doesn't make sense. I don't have an answer to what is correct but I can shed some light.

When the N54/55 was introduced we classed it as 6-stock (6S). To a guy with a 255hp 330i, it didn't feel fair to compete against a 300hp 335i in the stock class. That classing felt really unfair to the guy with the 168hp 525i.

We decided to break the turbo cars into their own group and call it turbo-stock (TS). Also, we threw a few outliers in that class. Cars like the 550i, 650i, 760i, 850i, ect. I think the e30 M3 is grouped in there too. (Its woefully outclassed by the recent crop of M cars but deserves a place to compete.) Since this new turbo-stock class wasn't super cut and dry, the rule of thumb was... power greater than 295 or e30 M3, its classes at TS.

Now with the N20, we haven't updated our rule-set to fit the new turbo fours. I also don't know what we do with the 335d.

While it makes no sense for your car to be classed in the >295hp class, it makes perfect sense for it to be classes as turbo-stock. I imagine we'll get things figured out between now and the first event of 2013.
I was just wondering after I saw the listing - I understand that the turbo cars should be together and it wouldn't make sense to just start creating different classes.

Most importantly, it was damn fun out there!