View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 02:14 PM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: 2011 535i
Slightly off-topic, but we've owned 3 TL's and a TSX. Honda implements the lockout switch in a ridiculous manner. When you enable the lock function, it even disables all the switches from the driver console -- stupid! The driver is always supposed to be able to control all windows. The idea of the lockout switch is to prevent passengers from "playing" with the windows.

OP -- are you sure you are testing correctly? Is the ignition on, LED lit in the lockout switch, doors closed, you're sitting at a passenger position and attempt to open or close your window? I have a hard time believing the switch is not operating correctly. Maybe it only works when the driver is present in the driver's seat -- who knows? Try it with another person sitting in a passenger position. With all the safety overrides in our cars, maybe if the driver isn't there, the system allows passengers to open their windows even in a lockout situation for a safety reason (they HAVE TO get out???)

2014 535i Individual | Azurite Black/Amaro Brown Merino | Premium | Cold | PDC | Rear Camera | Anthracite Hdr
Prior: 2011 535i AT | Black Sapphire/Cinnamon | Premium | Heated Sts | Nav | Sirius | Anthracite Hdr & Trim
Prior: 2008 335i 6MT Sedan | Black Sapphire/Terra Leather | Premium | Cold | CA | OEM Alarm
Prior: 2005 330i 6MT | Black Sapphire/Sand Leather | Premium | Cold | UGO | OEM Alarm