View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 01:24 PM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: 2011 535i
OP, hate to tell you, but very soon, your new BMW will be full of small, light scratches. It's the nature of the paint, regardless of what people will tell you about the "rock hard" clearcoat. I've owned 5 German cars, a VW, a Mercedes, and 3 BMW's. They're all the same. They scratch if you just blow on them. I have had 3 Black Sapphires. With proper care and washing technique, the scratches will be linear and will follow the direction of the panel, very difficult to discern except in the brightest direct sun, or under certain mercury vapor-type lamps. It's going to happen, believe me. Do not wash, dry or wax your car with a circular motion.

2014 535i Individual | Azurite Black/Amaro Brown Merino | Premium | Cold | PDC | Rear Camera | Anthracite Hdr
Prior: 2011 535i AT | Black Sapphire/Cinnamon | Premium | Heated Sts | Nav | Sirius | Anthracite Hdr & Trim
Prior: 2008 335i 6MT Sedan | Black Sapphire/Terra Leather | Premium | Cold | CA | OEM Alarm
Prior: 2005 330i 6MT | Black Sapphire/Sand Leather | Premium | Cold | UGO | OEM Alarm