View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 02:13 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 09 X5 4.8
10,000 miles

Well all, sorry to read about the few, yes few overall GT owners that are not still as in love with their GT's now that the honeymoon is over.

I have just hit 10K miles on my GT, I like to think my original posts and reviews helped some of you make your decision to buy a GT, and your many PMs would lead me to think so...

Well what are my thoughts after 10K miles.....I still LOVE this car.... It's easier to say reread my past posts for an overall then to rewrite everything...

The GT continues to be an amazing cross breed, it handles incredibly for its size, HOWEVER, FROM DAY ONE I SAID THIS CAR NEEDs TO HAVE DYNAMIC HANDLING PACKAGE AND I ALSO THINK THE XDRIVE MAKES A BIG DIFFERENCE IN THE SLIPPING OR SIDE SHIMMIES YOU ARE HAVING TAKING EXIT RAMPS HARD!

My 550 is dinaned out so i can't always judge fairly,but my wife is now driving a 535GT drive and i often drive her car and can say its also amazing to drive...

I agree with Mikez38 the nav is a let down....

But how many cars could i load up with a massive office chair a side chair, a bunch of paintings and ****loads of other knickknacks when i was moving to a new office, fit everything and still drive into NYC like i was in my C4S...

Last wednesday when we had the surprise noreaster drop 10" of snow on NYC and westchester i was stuck in the city at a charity dinner my midnight drive home on unplowed roads through 8-10" of snow was rock solid, felt safer and more in control then i ever did in my X5, snow was the last thing for me to experience with the GT....

The GT is a big car with great capability if you are going to expect it to be great at everything then you better load it up with all of the options they offer you... in some cases those options are there to help BMW meet your expectations!! BIG CAR, COMFY CAR, SPORTS CAR, SUV....WE ASK ALOT DONT WE!!

THE GT continues to make me smile everyday (except when I'm washing it) and makes choosing which keys to take even on a sunny day, the only real downside..

NOW STAY TUNED FOR THE 4 SERIES GT...HMMMMMMMM

2012 GT 550ix Msport (feb12)(ok early march 12)
09 X5 4.8
12 X3 35i (the wife)
09 C4S
61 356 roadster

Last edited by mpress; 11-14-2012 at 02:16 PM.