View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 07:41 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2001 3.0 Z-3 ROADSTER
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimCameron View Post
I have identified a 1999 Z3 2.3 auto trans as a potential addition to the garage. Here's the details: 29,000 miles, garage kept, seasonally driven, one owner, drives great, traded in on a new luxury sedan by the owner. Now in the hands of a high end luxury dealership.

Asking price under 14K. On a whim, (I own a 03 z4) I test drove it and it had the "loose" seat issue on both seats. The dealer called the BMW dealer and was told; $2000 to fix. I know I can have it fixed for about $500. Now they are down to under $12000 for the car. I offered $9000 and I would give them a liability waiver on the seats. I don't believe they will sell to the public because of the seat issue, so I believe they will go lower, but I'd like a little ammo from you guys.

It has new tires put on by the dealer before the seat issue came up.

If you had a 1999 Z3 that drives great, dropped in your lap without any service records, what preventive maintenance would you do immediately to properly freshen a beautiful Z that just hasn't been used much? Also if you could ball park what the dealer might charge. I will then use this when I recontact the dealership. BTW, the finish on the car, top, wheels, interior is 9+.

Auto trans service,?
radiator flush,?
differential fluid change, ?

What else????

Thanks guys.
Jim, consider going to another site (no disrespect to this site) for a list of items you will probably encounter with the Z3. The site name is Bimmerforum.com When you get to the Z3 page, look for THREAD STARTER on the upper left side of the page. Under that is a menu entited "parked". There is a thread entitled "Z3 purchase advice". There you will find a very thorough list of items regarding repair/maintenance for your car. Good Luck with your new toy.