View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 05:14 AM
Drivin' the dream

Mein Auto: 2005 BMW X5 & 2007 Z4 si
I have owned my 2005 X5 3.0i since new. It uses a quart of oil in about 8000-9000 miles. It always has. So I just do an oil change once it is about a quart low which is around 1 year for me anyway. The M54 engine requires 8 quarts of oil. I use the BMW recommended Castoral. I am about to roll 80k on the odometer. Once out of warranty and away from the dealer, it has been a great, trouble free ride for me. Since the warranty ran out I have replaced the fan clutch (old one was a bit noisy and I am very particular), the battery, and the rear washer motor (I tried to use it once after about 3 years of never using it; but it was frozen. I try to cycle the rear washer every so often now). I had to pull the nav unit out of the dash once and clean the contacts on the display screen ribbon cable because I lost the color blue. That wasn't too bad a job and yielded satisfying results. I am about to replace my 2nd set of tires. The wear on this set is nearly even all the way around. It has been a great car for me.

2007 3.0si w/Sport Pkg, Navi, Leather, Strut brace, garage door opener and delete airbag warnings on sun visors