View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 06:46 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 BMW 335i Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodswatchco View Post
I really wanted to like the ATS. At least Cadillac is trying. My biggest dissappointment was that all the reviews I've heard say that the shifter is notchy. So bad that it basically ruins the car. Also, with Ford, BMW, and even Scion (FRS) putting amazing looking wheels on their cars, why did Cadillac choose a style that looks like they came off a 1990 Oldsmobile? The optional wheels are the same style just polished! Wow, I had that option on my $17,000 Mazda Protege5 in 2003.
I agree, any Chevrolet or Ford wheels are terrible looking and don't flow well. That chrome look is so 80s also. Cheap is not always better.

Go sit in any non-base Cadillac along side a BMW (any model) and you will definitely appreciate how solid, well-engineered and refined the BMW is. I test drove a Cadillac Escalade a few years back and it was the worst. There were rattles, cheap plastics on the interior, etc. The center armrest had a weak tiny metal hinge that wobbled. It was piss-poor as far as I'm concerned.

I'm going on a rant here..Ford has kind of stepped it up over the past few years and created some fuel-efficient cars with better design and seemingly better build quality, but Chevrolet keeps going in the same circle..."re-inventing" themselves with different looking crap that was no better than their previous crap. They should not have been bailed out. Maybe the government should have just bailed their workers out and trained them for new jobs instead of letting this company continue to produce garbage.

Ooooh, I can't wait to read the follow-up posts...

2008 BMW 335i Retired
2009 BMW 535i Retired

2012 F30 335i sportline (Black Sapphire/Black Leatherette/Black High gloss trim, Technology, Sport Auto, Premium Sound, BMW Apps.)

Last edited by jzcrna; 11-15-2012 at 07:02 AM.