View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 06:55 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via AIM to MonkeyCMonkeyDo
Mein Auto: 2013 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by neurom View Post
Last year from Munich I stopped at Meersburg the first night to recover, beautiful little town. From there ended up in Alsace for 3 nights, then you can head south through Beaune and Lyon to end up in Provence which is a very easy drive. The little towns in Alsace are about the most beautiful (Colmar is a good base) I have seen in Europe. I personally would not stop in Baden-Baden, but that is my opinion, very boring and overrated town for me. I guess you are dropping off in Nice?
I second the Alsace. The jewel of France for sure. Best food I have ever eaten. Some of the prettiest little villages. Really fantastic. I recommend completely the kanzel hotel and residences. Great hotel in the middle of grape vines. They even have a nightly chauffeur so you can drink at dinner and get home safe. And he is free.

Mulhouse has the greatest car museum in the world. The schlumpf collection has the greatest collection of bugattis. If you head that way to nice you could also stop and experience the greatest chocolate maker in the world at Tain l'hermitage with valrhona chocolate.