Thread: Black grille
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 07:19 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2008 550i Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by e39 dave View Post
I just ordered a pair of matte black grills for my e60. My car is carbon black. They should look great on the car after they are installed. Did any of you have any issues installing the grills?
Just be careful when taking out the old grills, it's easy to break the one way clips they are installed using. They can be re-sold or swapped pretty easily if they are in good condition as many people get theirs dinged by rocks on the highway, etc.

And remove the rubber strip that runs across the engine bay, just behind where the top of the bumper meets the engine bay. Just pull up forcefully and it'll pop out. Then undo the 4 Torx bolts holding the top of the bumper to the front metal (all black) piece on the engine bay, the piece with the bmw information stickers on it. Once you undo those 4 screws its very easy to bend the bumper skin back a bit and slip your hand down into the back of the grill so you can take the old out without breaking them and install the new without breaking them.

Hit me if you need any more info, it's a quick and easy DIY if you know what you're doing. If you don't, it gets really annoying quite fast.

Used to be SUPER easy when the grille were attached to the hood!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0518.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	194.2 KB
ID:	349638