View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 07:31 AM

Mein Auto: 550i xDrive M Sport
Having problems with my car regarding battery low warning. Took to dealer 2 weeks ago after trying several times to charge up the battery in early October. On third try it fully charged (used battery tender). Less than 2 weeks later again the same recharge message. Dealer recharged the battery at shop and error message would not go away even through it tested fully charged on their automated tester. Said it past 20mA draw test after 4 minutes. They then disconnected the negative terminal and when reconnected the warning went away.

This morning the same "recharge battery" warning came on along with another message about shutting down some items due to battery drain. In all 3 instances the temps were below 40 degrees (first time down to 30 degrees). I have owned the car since 4/2011 and never had a warning message before last month and my driving habits have not changed so I suspect that it is the battery. I measured the voltage with the car off and it is reading 12.3V presently. I'm assuming that I can't measure the charging voltage as car has to be underway. Does anyone know if there is a way to get a digital readout on the LCD display (like a service mode)?

Car is going back to dealer next week and I am going to insist they replace the battery and under warranty.