View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 08:33 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 E93 N54
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtc100 View Post
In reality, ATS has softened edges, which is a cause of major complaint among many Cadillac (and mostly CTS) drivers. They view such move, which will happen for the 2014 new and bigger CTS, Cadillac's attempt to cater to the Chinese market.

The early results are far from conclusive, but according to Cadillac, they enjoyed some really nice sales increases last month, and 77% of the ATS takers are new to Cadillac brand. So the fans of the sharp-edged Cadillac design may be unhappy about the softened look, but such new look may be welcomed not just by the Chinese

I find it hard to believe though those 77% of ATS buyers new to Cadillac were all C class or A4 or Buick drivers. There just weren't large enough number of ex-Buick drivers out there to make up for such stats

Yes! Clearly a design change to attract Oriental, female, and non-gender-specific buyers, Cadillac has thrust its toe in dangerous waters!

Early in the game, manufacturer - Obama handlers? - claims astounding sales stats. What other brand philosophy attracts that level of cash inflow from other brands? How does a new model create such a commanding lead?

Let's put in it perspective. I don't see actual sales figures. What if....GM sold 77 units to buyers formerly or currently owning other brands, but sold just 100 units in total? And what if....77% of ATS buyers are mostly corporate leases, not really BMW defectors at all?

You get the idea. Like a Philadelphia ward where Romney gets not one vote, some things can be massaged. Personally, I feel relaxed and ready for a nap after reading about ATS.

Name:  sleep-039.gif
Views: 314
Size:  8.1 KB

Last edited by CALWATERBOY; 11-15-2012 at 09:10 AM.