View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 08:48 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 X1 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemygsp View Post
The IPhone/pod Y cord sent with the X1's is the WRONG CORD! You must go back to your dealer and ask for the right one. My dealer put in a complaint with BMW for sending out the wrong ones. Unless we are doing something wrong... my husband's android phone only works through the aux input. It isn't compatible like the ipod.

And there is a usb stick on the glove box? interesting. I'll have to check that out, I've just been using the one in the center console and removing it to plug the iphone in has been a bit of a pain.

As for ease of use. If you load the USB stick with everything organized by artisit than albums, its super easy to use. The key is making sure everything is labeled correctly. I don't find it hard at all and I'm someone who gets frustrated by technology easily. Just use the directory button to get back to main folder (in my case the artist) and then select the artist then album you want. From there you can use the steering wheel controls to control it.
The iPod Y cable that came with mine works fine, at least with an iphone 4 anyhow.

Its not hard to do anything with the tracks, if you dont mind two lines of text by the shifter Myself I just hit random and let it go, if I dont like a song I just use the steering wheel controls to skip it. My wife, who drives it the most, just listens to FM and sat radio so she doesnt care.

I looked around the glovebox last night and didnt see a USB port.