Thread: S54 Swap
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 09:10 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: what ever starts
Just got the fittings in for the diff plumbing. I am going to run the Setrab cooler barbs off the diff. Might try popping it in this weekend. I have solid bushings so I need to take the cover off the one in the car rather than pull and press bushings. Found another little issue that need to get addressed. My x brace was loose. The shop that installed it fished some nut up in the cross member. I have no idea of how they did it but if I paid them by the hour it would have been cheaper to do it right. This is why I would urge people to try to work on their own cars. You learn something and you find out that experts aren't always! I ordered the nutserts and drilled the holes so i want to get at that also. Had a squeal from the front end and went searching for that. Pulled the alt but it was good so I think it is the belt and can live with it until the engine comes out. Waiting for a response from Randy but if it does not come soon I will have the bearings done here and get going. Want to clean up the header and hit them with vht and bake them. SHould keep me busy for a little bit.