View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 09:48 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 X1 sDrive 28i
Quote:
Originally Posted by mullini View Post
I'd be very interested to hear from California members - on what other fees they paid beyond tax and license. Right now my X1 is on its way. I didn't get as good a deal as $500 over invoice, but I will also admit that when people talk about what a deal they got, I sometimes help myself to a pinch of salt. Just saying...:-)

So right now we have an initialed agreement, Beverly Hills BMW and me, for 3% off MSRP. When i sit down to actually purchase the X1, I'd like to be prepared for what other "fees" etc. might be presented to me, beyond t&l, that I can negotiate out of...
I initially went to Rusnak BMW in Thousand Oaks/Westlake Village because Costco has fixed negotiated pricing with them. They offered me $500 over invoice. I can give you the name of the CA who graciously helped me.

My wife ended up referring me to her friend who was able to get me $100 over invoice at another dealership. Unfortunately I can't mention them here because the CA can't replicate the deal. While I'd love to capitalize on the holiday incentives and the BMW APP $300 credit those all require you to finance through BMWFS who's best rate is 3.29% I'm going to keep my 2.54% rate and let go of the $800 in incentives.

My fees were:
Document: $80
Title/Registration/Tire Fee: $384.14
CA Sales Tax - depends on the county you're in.