View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 10:57 AM
(formerly SD 335is)

Mein Auto: '06 Z4 MR | '11 335is E92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic_Kat View Post
My curse is that I was taught correctly at the tender age of 5 that it is "Por-shuh".

Unfortunately for me, this summer our 26 year old niece tried to 'educate' me on how "hip" people pronounce Porsche. More unfortunate, is her stepmom who probably really doesn't have a clue what the difference is between a Ferarri and Ford Focus chastised me for being "pompous" for making the effort toward correct pronounciation.

(Thank you for letting me vent that among folks who understand.)
In my experience, "hip" people, that is actual Porsche owners and enthusiasts, especially those that have other vehicles besides their Porsches and especially those have have other track cars besides their track Porsches, call their cars "P-cars", as in, "Which car am I going to take to the track this weekend? Oh, I'll probably take the P-car".

Those don't usually include 26-year olds.
Hers: 2011 335is Coupe (E92) | Le Mans Blue Metallic | Black Dakota Leather | Dark Glacier Aluminum | 6MT | ED 5/12/11

BMWCCA #444696 - Click to join and a chance to win a 1-Day M School at the BMW Performance Center!