View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 11:04 AM
Mein Auto: 2002 bmw 4.4i x5 sprts pg
Hello Eric - I am also an X5 owner -mine is a 2002 4.4i 8 cyl automatic

having been a member of various forums (lately) for the X5 - i have found out - alot of X5 Owners are DIYers -meaning that they are handy with tools
and do alot of repairs themselves - I am not myself so i share the same concerns as you do in regard to repairs and it being worth it

my X has 166K on it - and so far i have no issues - but it is OLD and they do need upkeep which costs $$$$

so i would suggest to either learn to DIY as much as you can do and find a good indy (independant repair man)

going to the dealer is the LAST thing i would do as everything with them is like triple the cost -so their $8K suggestion may only be about $3-4K at an indy

lookinto the things that need to get done and get familiar with folks on these forums ( is great also) as they are very helpful and often will

suggest helping you out with their time and helping you repair something - real nice bunch of people on both these forums - with lotsa info to share as well!!

Best of luck and i hope you decide to keep your X5 as they are alot of fun to drive and nice looking too

2002 4.4i BMW X5 - 166K Topaz Blue Ext/ Tan/Beige Leather Int

1994 Nissan Pathfinder SE 132K Black Ext / Grey Leather Int