View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 11:06 AM
flâneur en cabriolet

Mein Auto: 2007 E93 N54
Quote:
Originally Posted by fun2drive View Post
Andrew b
You do know that new BMW pads don't dust much and Stop Tech will dust like hell?
I changed mine recently to Cool Carbon pads all around no need to change rotors since well above spec and my pads still looked like new. I could not stand to clean the wheels every week because of dust. If you get the Stop Techs just know they dust as bad and the old OEMs do but the new OEM pads are 90% less dust with good modulation and cold bite performance you now enjoy...
I did hear that the new BMW pad doesn't dust nearly as much. Talked with a couple guys I know in our club, one just went to the Stop tech Street Performance and listening to them trade notes it sounded like they were about even - we'll see. I do think the StopTech pads have better stopping and fade resistance, but again....we'll see

I also talked with a Turner rep and his opinion was the stoptechs will dust less than the old pads (they categorize them as "some dust"), but might have more than the new ones. Old ones were "heavy dust".

Front rotors are definitely out of spec and will need to be replaced with the pads, not sure on rears, but I bet they will be, since when I got the car 16 months ago the CBS was reporting the same wear left on front and rear. I don't think whoever had it drove it enthusiastically. Interstingly, after me driving it for about 8 months, it went from 10K front / 10K rear to 4K front / 12K rear. Now it's at 2K front, 10K rear.

Anyway, we'll see...hopefully I won't regret the StopTech pads.

Last edited by andrew b; 11-15-2012 at 11:08 AM.