View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 11:46 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: German
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emission View Post
The odds of an RS4 Avant on our shores is slim to none. American's don't "get" wagons...

Interestingly enough, I sat down for coffee with Wolfgang Dürheimer (Audi's new worldwide CEO) just a few months ago. We had a long one-on-one conversation about vehicle performance and the future of Audi. I pushed him for a true M3 fighter, but without all of the heavy equipment (think RS4 but in a lightweight version). I also asked for an entry level Audi sports car (think RS3 hatchback), but at a much lower pricepoint to draw new enthusiasts to the brand. We even discussed rear-wheel drive.

The good news is that I have had recent conversations with both Wolfgang and his counterpart Ludwig Willisch (Chairman and CEO of BMW). They are both very passionate car enthusiasts - nothing makes me happier - there is good reason to have plenty of confidence in the future of each brand.

- Mike
Any teasers about the upcoming Audi-Porsche sedan platforms? If the next A8 and A6 went RWD/AWD, BMW is in serious trouble because Porsche knows how to tune a chassis