View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 05:34 PM

Mein Auto: 2005 X5 3.0i
All good

I will do all those things. I had to buy a T-55 torx socket half inch drive when I installed the trailer hitch. I had most up to that size before then.

. I think I posted that the dealer disconnected the switch but not the motor. I was sitting in the car waiting for someone. No key. No fiddling at the time. I had installed a new battery several days before.

All of a sudden the front glass retracted about 10-15 cm. I now wonder if the individual saved settings include the ability of moonroof to open because the driver wants that as the norm, like the steering wheel. Is that possible? Otherwise I have a ghost.

It was then I learned about manual cranking and pulled the top center console. I left the rear module out because I figured I would have to do it again; maybe during repair. I researched what that module was for. I think it is the motion sensor for the alarm system. Alarm works without it as I learned when I pressed a key button too many times.

Who do you buy your parts from?

My current major project is wiring, plumbing and setting up a new workshop. That is keeping me busy. It is where my tools will be. It being Florida I have put in a large carport. Unfortunately, it is unseasonably cold. Not like Canada, but too chilly to work on cars.

That gives me time to finish the workshop and get the parts together.

Keep posting. I will follow in your footsteps, if I am able.