View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 06:38 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 X5 xDrive 35d
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndabunka View Post
One thing that should be noted but was not covered by Marwan is that there ARE some risks with multiple MSDs. Security deposits are just that... deposits as security. At the end of the lease, the dealership can draw from those against repairs. As long as you maintain a car/truck within specifications (and there is no reason to deviate due to BMWs included service), that risk is low but the reality is that there is still some risk that was not outlined in the overview. It's not as simple as "storing/tying up your cash" as others not familiar with the process may have perceived from the outline.
I agree that such a risk is present with any security money one deposits and that the risk of this money being tapped into is low.

I might add, however, that if a dealer really wants your business they will not touch your MSD money. When I returned my first X5d to the dealer, it had a windshield in need of replacement, tires in need of replacement, about 4000 excess miles, and two more monthly payments due. Of course, I was leasing another X5d from that dealership. Did they just roll these costs up in my new lease? I don't see how, since they got about $1000 over invoice (minus eco, loyalty etc.). The windshield ($600) and tires ($1200) alone come up to more than that. The amount the dealer took out of my MSD money: zero dollars.