View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 06:55 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 03 530i Loaded
My car keeps Chocking. (please read)

Ok i posted this last week didnt get much help, sorry to make a new post about the same thing. maybe more people will see it this time, a week ago i started the car and it was chocking or sputtering kinda like when a lawn mower is about to run out of gas it just keeps chocking, it does it heavy at cold start and when i realy hit the gas it sputters through it. my dad who is a former mechanic bought a fuel filter and spark plugs for the car( not installed yet) and im going to replace those but i want to get an idea of whats going on first. The other day i got gas at chevron (93) and drove home 25 miles, as i got off the highway the car started shaking and chocking hard like it was about to die and SES light came on. i turned it off and waited a min and then started it again and ran fine with out a SES light. so now idk what to do because its been getting worse every day. the only way to describe it is like when you hit the choke on a pressure washer it begins to shake and cut off like it is about to die but does not. going to go get the codes checked out tomorrow.