View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 08:15 PM
BMW Master Wannabe

Mein Auto: 2005 BMW 545i
Talking How can we help BMW USA/AG make a better car...

Gang, These problems with tranny, and engine fluid leaks remind me of the crappy quality Harley Davidson motorcycles had back when AMF owned the company. All the cost cutting under AMF reduced the quality of the H-D brand. It was joke if you had a H-D motorcycle that didn't leak oil or other fluids. Their customers balked and the product got better.

I suspect the Quandt family is really milking BMW for bottom line and dividends and don't really give a rats a$$ about the Overall quality of the BMW cars anymore. All this engineering and electronics is just $hit if the dealers are too scared to program them for fear of bricking a module during the process. All these biodegradable gaskets and the fluid seal design in a "Green" BMW is causing all these fluid leak issues. "Green" is garbage for the owners over 4yr/50k miles.

It is about time we all start an organized group to lobby BMW on these issues and be relentless in our pursuit of an ultimate driving machine, that is easily serviced by loyal enthusist owners. They need to have input from us as to how the damn thing is put together. After my e60 issues and the lack of ability to replace/repair all the rubber seals without taking half the engine apart for timing cover and valve cover gaskets has left me with a very sour taste in my mouth. These Germans have gotten a bit cocky in how they think and design cars. We need them to simplify the design and enhance the quality. Not the other way around. Anyone game for getting an online forum or thread started to lobby BMW USA and BMW AG to listen to our gripes about the car design and general quality issues. I suspect that many of us have the experience and desire to improve our BMWs and I bet our feedback can go a long way toward making BMW a better car. I don't care about the asthetic design of the autos as that changes with the wind and who is in charge of design. I do care about the quality, craftsmanship and drivability, with servicability in mind.

Any BMW enthusist attorneys out there who can help us get something started? A blueprint to follow to get BMW USA and BMW AG to take our concerns and feedback seriously.

Last edited by racooper3; 11-19-2012 at 07:16 PM. Reason: spelling
Advertisement