View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 07:38 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 13 X3 35i MSport, 09 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by samillerfl View Post
Just for clarification...BMW X3 F25 has stock amber incandescent bulbs inside a clear lens for the front turn/marker lights (Part #7507, these bulbs are Single pole/filament with 150 deg offset retaining pins). The stock rear turn bulbs and brake bulbs are clear incandescent inside a red lens (Part #7506, these bulbs are single pole/filament with 180 deg offset retaining pins). Why BMW did this I do not understand, it probably had something to do with bulb manufacturer agreements. Bottom line is the bulbs are the same except for the retaining pin positions and color. I personnally went with Super Bright because they have been in existance for some time, most of the reviews have been positive and my previous purchases have been positive, (the bulbs may have been a little more, but I just bought a $50K vehicle so a couple of $ more for a bulb that will last the life of the vehicle is worth it). When doing my research on replacement bulbs, I discovered that there are more options (i.e number of leds and shape) when purchasing 7506 (often referred to as 1156) bulbs vs. 7507 bulbs, and that by removing one pin from a 7506 bulb it will work in the 7507 socket (it does and fits well not loose at all). Research "What color bulb shoud I buy?" as bulbs of the same color as the lens are more intense and brilliant than other colors. I believe most all US states require front signals to be Amber/Yellow and Rear signals to be Amber or Red with Brake lights to be Red. The for the Amber or Red for the rear turn signals is that some vehicle manufactorers use dual filament turn/brake lights which would have to be Red.
When filing down the pin from the 7506 bulb, does it matter which one you remove?