View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 07:44 PM
Tar Heel Faithful

Send a message via AIM to AzNMpower32
Mein Auto: 2014 Mazda3 GT
Actually, I did come across that when researching the Grand Cherokee. However, my biggest concern was the crash test results- it only had a 4 Star rating under the Euro NCAP tests and they noted that one of the seat rails nearly snapped from the force of the collision. Still, like I said.........driven under normal circumstances, it's just fine. As counter-intuitive as it sounds, accident avoidance isn't a huge thing in SC because there's no room to "avoid" something. The interstates are so poorly designed, so if you swerve, you're either going to crash into the concrete barrier (only 6' left shoulder in urban areas, which is nothing when you're travelling 75mph), or you're gonna plow into a tree (once again, no shoulder or run-off room). Low-profile tires found in European cars are problematic because of how much crap is left strewn all over the turn and travel lanes- you'll be getting a lot of punctures. And given that the pavement is so bad that grass shows between the cracks, a plush ride is preferred. Hell, there's shrubbery growing on the left shoulder on I-85 between Spartanburg and Greenville.

Last edited by AzNMpower32; 11-15-2012 at 07:47 PM.