View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 08:48 PM
BMW Platinum Visa® Member

Mein Auto: BMW L328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobechrome View Post
I will definitely drive them both. Thanks for the thoughts so far - but still definitely interested in seeing the replies - as crazy as this will make me. I going to be ordering whatever car I get anyway so will have a long time to wait and waste on these forums
First off, welcome back.

Next, you seem to buy your cars and hold onto them for a long while. You also live in Virginia which is the most mild of all winter states. So you need to trade off the XDrive for some of the fantastic options that are now available and get you fully immersed in the experience. If I were you, I'd option my car thusly:

328i
Sport line
Lighting Package
Premium Package
Technology Package
Rear Camera
PDC
Heated Seats
MSRP ~$49,000

The 328i is more power than you need (especially coming off your E90) and it's unbelievably responsive, handles much better. The 335i exists to appease ex-335i owners who wouldn't want to step down. For those of us coming off of E90 328i's, the new N20 is noticeably faster and more nimble. Take a test drive, you'll understand in under 60 seconds.

Sport line comes with the sport suspension, so no need for DHP atop XDrive. You use the money you save towards...

Lighting: A must-have feature, xenon's are terrific.
Premium: Not just leather, but lots of other goodies as well.
Technology: Another must-have, it's the lifesblood of the car now, it'll be your Big Regret if you skip it.
Rear Camera/PDC: Not terribly expensive, a great feature for convenience and safety.
Heated Seats: Available a-la carte, while it may not be snowy much down there it does get chilly in the morning.

Yes, you'll need snow tires or an alternate vehicle the 8 days a year is snows. No need to spend thousands on XDrive and DHP just for that.

BJ

2013 BMW L328i Luxury Sedan | Premium Package | Technology Package | Lighting Package | Steptronic® | PDC | Apps
Mineral Grey Metallic | Saddle Leather | Anthracite | Camera | Sirius | Rolex | Trophy Wife | Beach House | Status Package®

Last edited by boltjaM3s; 11-15-2012 at 08:50 PM.