View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 06:08 AM
NADAVAN

Mein Auto: 2002 525it
belts, tensioner, and idler this weekend

I noticed a little something a couple nights ago when I was tucking my car away for the night. A little extra noise that shouldn't be there. I got out the stethoscope and found the main engine drive belt tensioner (mechanical) was making some noise. As most of us here know, the BMW dealers cannot get the mechanical tensioners any longer, so I ordered a new tensioner, idler pulley, and both drive belts from oembimmerparts.com. I think I have a project for the weekend now. I might regret it later, but I didn't order the AC belt tensioner.

I thought about replacing these pulleys when I had the car apart for the oil filter housing, but decided I needed to save a few bucks since they weren't making any noise yet. That was short lived.

I also ordered a transmission filter, but I probably won't get around to doing that this weekend.

oembimmerparts.com did it again
With the free shipping option, I had my order in less than 48 hours. They have great prices and great service. I know this sounds like a shameless plug, and to some extent it is. I'm just a satisfied customer. They did the same thing last month when I ordered a radiator and brass bleeder screw. They're terrific.

I'm hoping I can sneak everything in and out without removing the fan and shroud. I think I can do it if I just remove the power steering fluid reservoir.
Ads by Google