View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 12:06 PM
Commander and cheif

Mein Auto: Bmw 92 325ic, 09 M series
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkInhibitions View Post
Yeah it is just an "i" I'm glad it's there, I think the car looks better with. The more I drive her, the more I like her.
I also have a 92 325i convertible. The front air dams are standard equipment for the 91 & 92. According to my mechanic, because BMW was transitioning to the new body style, and they knew this would greatly hurt sales, they made the sport package(or atleast some of it) standard on their convertibles. This with their power top feature, improved bumpers, tail lights, and an air bag equiped steering wheel were all the special additions you would get.

BTW, the power top is notorious in the e30. The single motor is overloaded with its duties of lifting the top, and will go out over time. A simple fix for that is to remove the bar that connects the motor to the top underneath the lid. This will still alow you to lift and lower the lid, and you can stow and unstow the top manually. After replacing that motor twice, I took my mechanics advice and removed said bar and vuala!

Hope that helps. Congratulations on your car! 92's are extremly rare. Many databases dont even agnowledge their existance!

Last edited by f16dude; 11-16-2012 at 12:07 PM. Reason: poor speller