View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 02:59 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctom View Post
I think that in Europe Internet works only in UK, Germany and maybe Austria. I bought my 528i in UK and it worked while I was in UK and in Germany, but when I came back to Croatia, where I live, I got the same "Not available..." message

If you were buying the car from authorized dealer in Poland, you probably couldn't buy this option because it's not supported in Poland.

It's not the problem with VIN, I think, but with the fact that BMW does not support internet in every European country.
I think you are confusing 614 Internet via the car's SIM Card and Data Connection versus Internet via a mobile phone SIM Card and data Connection using Bluetooth Tethering. With the latter, you are not actively using BMW Portal Servers, and it does not even know what country your car is physically in. It uses the Donor VIN only when services are updated via the iDrive to sync your car services with your current active BMW Assist account options.

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - 2TB SAT / 6WB MFID Cluster / 4U1 Ceramic Controls / 6NR BMW Apps / Rear Fog Lights / Cyba Double Layer Black Chrome Quad Tips