View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 06:13 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2003 530i 5spd Manual
Weird parts Questions

Ok guys I have the following questions of what these parts are and what they do.

1- Looks like a round pump mounted on the driver side fender well, down low, has brake lines coming in and out of it. Is this the ABS pump?

2- On the front of the engine on the exhaust side, looks like a EGR valve or something and has a hose coming out of it and runs down below into the RF bumper well area. ?? EGR? Where does the hose run to? Very interested in what this is.

EDIT: Looks like items #2 is the air pump system. Guessing the air pump itself is down in the bumper wheel well area and the hose come up to a check valve of some sorts. What a crock. Please tell me you can disconnect the air pump and put a block-off plate on manifold? Not to mention the 10' of vacuum hose running to the damn thing.

Garage queen: '07 335i Sedan, base pkg, 6spd Manual, Procede 3 V5 w/NLS, staggered 18" 313's w/Conti DWS's, OS Giken TCD LSD, VAC Street Diff Cover, Akebono Euro Pads, CDV Removed, Black BMW Grilles, Interior & Exterior white LED lighting, LUX Angel Eyes, Debadged, Llumar ATR Tint.

Last edited by FLE39; 11-16-2012 at 06:24 PM.
Advertisement