View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 06:05 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW 535i + 535XI wagon
sometimes an accident is just cosmetic fender damage.
The water pump is electric, so after a certain number of years and miles it seizes up. It's normal for an 08 car, happened on mine. Not a reason to pass on a buy. You replace the thermostat too, so that is normal. Should be good for another 5 yrs.
Same for HPFP which BMW will replace for 10 yrs or 120k miles.

Sometimes when you buy a used car with a flawless record, a bunch of items fail after you take ownership because they were due and hadn't been replaced by the previous owner. Keep that in mind. Btw the 2008 535 has forged internals. It is a very durable engine, you just have to take care of it. If you are not prepared to pay for preventive maintenance, then get a Toyota or Honda or similar. I don't mean that in a disparaging way, my first car was a Honda Accord back in 1990 and it was a great car for the money, very reliable. BMWs require TLC. Performance comes at a cost.