View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 09:20 PM
SmartSolution's Avatar
SmartSolution SmartSolution is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: MD
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 187
Mein Auto: BMW E39
Broken metal tab/piece while replacing vcg

Ok so good news is I have successfully installed a new valve cover gasket and ngk spark plugs today. While removing wires out of the way I accidentally broke off a piece of the metal fixture shown in the pics. It holds the wires in the area marked with red. What part number is it and what is it called? I would like to replace it. I looked on realoem but could not find it. it seems to be attached to the valve cover and a the remaining piece is still in a slot in that corner.
Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	closeup.jpg
Views:	9927
Size:	475.2 KB
ID:	349815   Click image for larger version

Name:	broken metal piece.jpg
Views:	10027
Size:	386.1 KB
ID:	349816  
Reply With Quote