View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 10:22 PM

Mein Auto: 745
Winter Storage e65

I read this forum everyday, not a very mechanical person but I was hoping to start a discussion...

I have found several informative threads pertaining to storing BMWs, but I was hoping to get some e65 specific advice form this group of people. I have a 2002 745i with just over 200kms. No previous owners, been our daily driver for several years and regularly maintained.

As I am currently away for months at a time at school, the car is not being driven. Since September the car has been started 3 times,. The first time the car started right away and went into gear and was driven for over an hour - everything good. Next two times it started but was throwing a transmission error, so my dad just let it run stationary for about 20 mins each time.

The plan is to use it as a daily driver again when i return from school in april, so the car will be sitting for the next several months in a garage.

I was really hoping that I could get some advice on storing the vehicle properly... should it be started periodically, or should it be stored for the winter so that it is drivable in the spring...? Fuel stabilizer, change oil, 'sleeper switch', ctek battery charger?????

check out the 'saharadesert beige' beast!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1008.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	167.7 KB
ID:	349819  
Ads by Google