View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 10:57 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: A box with 4 circles
Quote:
Originally Posted by amitkumararora5 View Post
Ok, so I went to tht stealership today.
My car is under CPO warranty plus 2 year extended maintenance plan, and here is what I was told

-> This issue will come under CPO warranty plan with $50.00 deductible, if the issue is due to something got damaged then they will not cover under warranty , and will charge me $69.00 diagnostic fee.

When I was buying this car, I was told that the 2 year Maintenance plan will override the CPO warranty plan and their won't be any deductible.. they lied to me, i am really upset, I took car my back without fixing this isssue.

Please suggest what shall I do ?
We can suggest, but its your investment.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I feel like your not really a DIY kinda person. Hence here are the so-called options.

A) If you find ANOTHER dealer, then try your luck there. Explain that the washer function doesnt work when your press the stalk. If they come up with the same diagnostic fee, and you dont really want to find an independent mechanic, than honestly Just go with that route, and be over with it.

B) or you can just find an independent BMW shop, get the parts, and have them do an install.

BTW it sucks to tell you this, but you cant double CPO and PRE-PAID maintenance. CPO (covers what a warranty would cover, but not wear and tear) and PRE-PAID (is similar to oil changes, coolant tops, and other stuff the NEW BMW maintenance pre-paid service plan covers).

Your bought essentially a used car, hence the USED CAR dealer, isnt gonna be out to help u out, they're just usin a bit more sophisticated language then the guy at say your local SUPER USED CAR LOT.

But anyways good luck.

Why does this matter?
CAUSE EVERY TIME someone says Lexus has better build quality, one should consider what Toyota their Lexus Engine and chassis platform comes out of and how long that part has been tested in the real world!