View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 01:42 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Touring and others
Quote:
Originally Posted by rav31 View Post
@ stickbuilder......yes, I am aware of this. However, on the ZHP 18" wheels, the wheel "spokes" stick out further than the tire rubber does, which would probably damage the wheel finish if installed that way, that's why I put it in up right. And when I flip the carpet insert up side down, the area on it that was recessed is now standing up for clearance from hitting the wheel when inserted this way. I would/will have to add some rubber 'stand offs' at the bottom of the wheel trunk recess that hit the rubber part of the tire (which BTW is narrow on the 40 profile) to keep the wheel off the bottom of the recess in order to do what you suggest. I'll then have to see if the carpet will still clear the new height of the wheel/tire.

Not sure why BMW designed the style 135 wheels that way but it is what it is. These are the obstacles I have found for adding a full size spare, besides the cost of the #135 wheel. Anyone know of a 'cheap' source for these wheels?
Don't ZHP cars only come with the temporary spare, or with the Run Flat tires for this very reason. I'd be in favor of a different wheel package, but to each his own.