Thread: X3 or X5?
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 05:26 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW X5 35d
Quote:
Originally Posted by kisas View Post
Thanks for the answers !

By Dynamic Damper Control, you mean the sport, sport+ mode? I'm not sure if I need it. It seems to be useful if you drive on different kind of road (shock absorption). But I mostly drive in cities and highway. Is my understanding correct?

I ran across ARC ( automatic roller control). It looks useful for safety from youtube video. Which package this ARC is included?

I'm thinking of 28i. Because my wife will be the main driver. Safety is the top priority. Power is on the bottom of the list. a 35i would be at least $5000 more expensive. I'd better use these money on other packages.

One of the reasons I go with X3 is that, next gen x5 is coming out next year. After one or two year when major issue with new x5 is resolved, I will upgrade. We may have a second baby at that time. So that's our plan.
I believe the automatic anti roll is standard part of the stability control system . This feature prevents suv from rolling over. I remember watching a youtube video on bmw roll over testing. They had a hard time to roll their suv over and had to make much sharper ramp. Note, this is standard pretty much on all suvs.

German car is not known for their safety. I personally think Volvo has a lot more accident prevention technology. The car even will break for you under low speed conditions on detection of pedestrian or am object in front. The handling of a German car is really shine under high speed cornering and turn. If you drive reasonable posted road speed, even a standard suv will be very safe.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Bimmer App