View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 06:44 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2007 X5 4.8i
Quote:
Originally Posted by r0gue View Post
No. I respectfully do not agree. How about RWD isn't a consideration when safety is your only priority instead?
I think you're being pedantic. If safety is your top priority it trumps other criteria and can, for all intents and purposes, be viewed as the only criteria when selecting a starting point (i.e. RWD versus AWD).

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0gue View Post
I believe my position is that based on my experience, my snow driving skill, my local snowfall history, my required commute length, my demands for "feel" of the vehicle in multiple situations year round -- that I will opt for two sets of wheels and RWD. I believe that RWD with winters and good driving skill can provide safety.
I agree. It can. And AWD with winters can provide even more safety. What you're doing is making a compromise. You're sacrificing added safety for "feel". And that's fine...life is about choices. Choices typically involve some form of compromise. I suspect you've determined the RWD with winter tires provides an acceptable level of safety and therefore your decision is now based on other factors.