Thread: Z3 2.5 Radiator Leak
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 11:35 AM

Mein Auto: Z3
2.5 Radiator Leak

Ok - Noticed a slight "drip" at my coolant recovery inlet on my 2001 2.5i. That's when I realized the coolant line that runs to the recovery tank had been replaced with a generic coolant hose. So I called my local dealer to order the right hose. Then went to the local auto parts store to get a better hose clamp (the one that was on it appeared to be "slipping"). Installed new hose clamp to hold it until the new hoze arrived - then started the engine to check for additional leaks. That's when I noticed a hairline crack in the housing directly above that hose connector... (there's a "flat" area) ...and it's now leaking more than ever!

So I assume that means I need a new radiator? And I'm completely shut down 'til I get one?

I got on line and I see prices all over the place... Car-Stuff has a "Silla" for $95. Bavauto has what appears to be OEM for $285. ****************** has a "Spectra-Premium" for $213, PartsGeek has an "Action Crash Parts" for $183.

Is there a difference? Anyone have any experience with this? ...or others? Any advise would be helpful.

Thanks
Tom
Advertisement