Thread: 335D vs Deer
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 11:41 AM
East Coast Commuter

Mein Auto: 435/x3 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipe656 View Post
Yeah, welcome to my world of aggravation with how a C63 does or does not depreciate. A car with just the leather package and one of the paint colors that costs extra comes in at $66k once you put in gas guzzler and destination charges. You can ED these cars at a 7% discount(before gas guzzler) and no destination charges. I even found an ED guy who said he would do 9%, so brand new car colored how I'd want it comes in around $59k. That of course is without some things many people insist on having like navigation, better radio, xeon headlights and so on. Most used cars were around $70k MSRP due to options. I am not wanting to spend $60k right now though else I'd probably just do the ED.
I see. I did not realize the C63 held its value so well. Maybe it is because there are very few of them out there. I personally would not pay 50k for a used C63. I would just get a new one and give up some options. Good luck with your search as I know this is your dream car and you will find the right one with time. Just a thought...the C class is due for a new model next year. Are you sure you want to purchase one now and not wait for the update?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingman View Post
Alpine,

I've got a 2006 Volvo XC90 looking to trade in for perhaps the MB GL350 TDI. We really would like more room than the X5 has. Plus they are continuing to make them, a plus IMO.

The prices on the 2012 X5D are certainly attractive, best deal out there that I can see.

I'm pending to refinance my house, hopefully by end of the month, then we'll get serious.
I thought you would like the GL350 TDI. It is a very nice car and we went to look at the 550 version. The wife commented that the GL's seats were not as comfy for her as the ML63 and the x5 with the active vent seat pack. As a result, we are now considering the x5 again due to all of the specials. My biggest hesitation is the negative equity on the 335d. 18k miles and mint condition and it has 5-6k of negative equity. Not sure I am willing to take that loss for a car that still looks and drives like it is brand new. Currently on the fence to see if BMWNA enhances the holiday specials in December. IF an enhancement occurs I might take the plunge.