View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 01:44 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by abontchev View Post
hey im in the process of doing my oil leak. i am stuck at the point of removing the 4 bolts on the motor mount/bracket....i got the 2 bolts up front out but the rear 2 seem impossible.....any tips would be great help... i did not remove anything from the drivers wheel side. only underneath. i removed the alternator and the power steering pump... and the alternator bracket bolts are off. i just need to loosen/take out the 2 torx bolts on the motor mount and im stuck

btw how is your leak? is it bad or just dribbles slowly?
congratulations on vcg job....
i have a dynamic drive too but i just removed it with anti roll bar and tied it with zip ties and same thing with power steering pump......its not complicated just takes a little time for the first time as you try to figure out the best and easiest way to do it with out engine hoist and special tools.....actually i had a guy give me a hand since i was under the car and he was under the fender driver side turning the ratchet and i was holding the extension with e torx socket....those 4 motor mount torx bolts are the worst because if the socket slips then you have problems....i think its better if you have someone help you when removing those 4 bolts....i will try to post more pics and videos later on...good luck with your project coming up in few weeks...i am also interested and will watch your progress...good day
[/QUOTE]

try to remove the driver side wheel and go in there from side...raise/lower engine and just use extensions with flexible joint..thats how i did it