View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 06:39 PM

Mein Auto: 2010 BMW X5, xDrive35d
I went through the same process with my 2010 X5d about a year ago. As it turned out, the 6FL retrofit wasn't available anymore (at least for my particular vehicle) via BMW parts. I looked at quite a few options and ended up going the following route: http://www.shopbmwusa.com/ProductDet...&ProductId=796.

It works fairly well and I'm fairly happy with it. It integrates via the glovebox and is the "old style" route that has been done for years where the iPod/iPhone ends up looking like the CD Changer to the iDrive interface.

If I remember correctly, before my parts guy discovered the 6FL retrofit wasn't available anymore, I think it was getting to be upwards of $1K in just parts, so it was going to get rather expensive.

I also spent quite a bit of time looking at the aftermarket, but no one seems to have "broke" the newer iDrive system to where you can get the Dice type products to work with it.

The other option I did consider before going this route was to just get a Bluetooth adapter that could be plugged into the Aux port in the center console. The bummer with this route is no control via the iDrive, but you could take any sound into the system (i.e. You could do Pandora or any app.). With the iPod adapter, it only works with the "iPod" interface on your iPhone/iPod Touch.