- Threats of or actual legal action will change or accomplish nothing; other than giving a payday to some lawyers.
- If you want to make a statement to BMW that you are unhappy, stop buying their product.
- I would hope the Quandt family is doing everything than can to maximize their profits, would question senior leadership if they were not. But they need to balance customer exceptions in the process, which given their sales in this global economy I believe they are.
- Innovation is great, but typically untested over a longer duration of time. Therefore the most innovative companies will have an increased probability of quality issues as the product ages.
- Demand for performance, increased government regulations (i.e. EPA), and pricing pressures results in sourcing innovative parts from areas of the world with a cheaper labor force and less focus on quality.
So in short, count me out. If BMW was not meeting my expectations, which they are, I don't need a lawyer to tell them for me, I'll just be making my next purchase at their competition.